Sarah, Richard, Charlotte Swan & Janice
- Wonderful week on this beautiful island. One of the best cottages ever stayed in, very well
equipped & lovely decor. Walked the Quiraing, Storr, Rubha Hunish & local walk to the Cave of Gold. Day out to Dunvegan & Coral beach. One wet day. Visited brewery & pottery in Uig.
Nice lunch at the Granary in Portree. Excellent evening meal at the Uig Hotel. Nice run/walk 3.3 mile circuit from the cottage past museum of island life & Flora McDonalad's monument. Thank
Judith & Colin
- A long way to come but so well worth it. The cottage superb - The weather excellent. The
island beautiful, dramatic with unexpected grandeur. Thank you Gary for all your concern & assistance.
Enid & Steve Wood May'21
- First ones in this fabulous cosy cottage after lockdown. Exceeded our expectations. Best
equipped cottage we have ever stayed in. Weather was better than expected, only got a soaking once. Done everything we wanted to, plenty of excellent walks, fantastic views & have thoroughly
enjoyed our visit. Aga was a joy to cook on. Thanks xx
Gemma, Alan, Ame &
- This is our 4th time at the cottage & it never gets old. Everything you need to feel at
home. What a beautiful home you have. Skye is such a wonderful place to explore even with a baby. So lovely to bring Florence with us this time. Can't wait to come back again. x
Richard & Paul Oct'20
- Brilliant cottage. Everything you need is here. Wonderful scenery on Skye. Weather kind to
Mark, Jess, Tom & Iris
- Second year on the trot. Another great stay, not even wee Jimmy Krankee could spoil our time
Elaine & Ally Sep'20
- What a beautiful cottage. A real home from home. The weather was kind to us. We have already
booked to come back to NO.8 next year.
Rog & Ali Sep'20
- Second visit & as fabulous as the first. Saw a mistier & rainier side to the island
for the first couple of days - Neist Point in a howling gale was fun - really. Beautiful sunshine to finish the week. Cottage was as clean & well supplied as ever. Love it here so much.
Javeed, Shahzeena, Isra &
- Got some sunny weather & loved being in Skye. The cottage was spotless & great to
stay in. Gary keep it up.
Linda, Jenny & Jag Aug'20
- Had a fantastic week on Skye. We loved all the art in the cottage & cooking on the Aga.
Such a warm & cozy place! Our highlight was seeing basking sharks off the Jurassic Coast.
Paul, Zoe, Fleur & Samuel Aug'20
- Wonderful holiday exploring Skye. Fabulous walks
from the cottage - so beautiful & peaceful. Loved swimming & snorkelling at Staffin. Super cosy cottage. Hope to return. Thank you!❤️
Stu, Oksana, Bella, Chloe Jul'20
- Fantastic stay, the cottage made us feel at home! Thank you! [P.S. A bit of struggle with the
shower - too cold or too hot ; we couldn't find a wine bottle opener ☹️] Thank you for a fantastic time!
The Tarrants Dec'19
- Perfect place to see New Year in! Great house,
lovely & warm. Aga was a joy to cook on. Very windy !! On the finer days, great place to visit, with stunning views! Thank you x
Stephen & Carole Clark Nov'19
- Arrived in rain, left in rain but the 6 days in-between fantastic weather! Some amazing
sunsets. Cottage v cosy & warm. Great location & v well appointed - only thing missing was a cafetière! Hope Gary gets the Aga sorted over the winter & that is the icing on the
Karl & Louisa
- We've had an absolutely amazing week here on Skye.
Weather has been typically autumnal with sunshine & showers, proper wind & rain & hail! For me this has been the best season to visit with beautiful colours changing every second & so
many rainbows. The cottage has been home from home & a perfect place to come back to after a day out exploring. Thank you!
Alli, Malcolm & Arran Oct'19
- Fantastic location & cosy & warm. Aga was 'putfutting' on arrival; Gary had an
engineer <24hours. Got used to cooking on it by the end of the week. Arran was overjoyed to discover an X-Box in his room. Having reliable wifi was a real plus. Comfortable bed & lovely &
clean. Thank you for thinking of everything Gary. We had a perfect stay, hiking & relaxing. Weather was predominantly dry & sunny, made for perfect photos up the Quiraing, Cuillins &
- Lovely cottage, so cosy & comfortable. Enjoyed views. Beautiful island.
Mark, Jess & Iris Sep'19
- Loved the cottage - want to buy it. A week is never long enough on Skye. Try & get over to Harris - Luskentyre beach is amazing. If it's a clear night make sure you go outside
for the amazing sky.
Roger & Ali Sep'19
- Lovely cottage. Tad chilly to start, but Gary got it fixed quickly. Splendid scenery - if
going to climb the Old Man Of Storr, go early to avoid crowds. will miss the lighthouse on 'our' island. Isle Of Skye is far & away the most beautiful place we've walked in. Will miss it so
- Don't be afraid of the Aga. Loved it :-)
Gary, Janet, Mel,
- Nice cottage. The views were amazing. A few issues. No hot water. Lucky we had the shower. CH
not working. Lucky again it was not cold. Love the Isle Of Skye.
Alex, Rob &
- Absolutely loved this cottage, loved the Aga, Sky
movies, the bird feeders & the view. Highly recommend the Gallery Cafe in Earlish & a visit to the Rha falls in Uig especially if it's been raining.
The Crofts Aug'19
- The cottage was so comfortable & very well equipped. We would have appreciated the
downstairs being a bit cleaner on arrival. However we had a lovely holiday.
- Beautiful cottage, beautiful island. Memories made to treasure forever!!
The Hadley's Aug'19
- Enjoyed a lovely week here in this wonderful cottage, amazing views from garden. Lovely
unspoilt island & no traffic! Weather better than expected!
- We loved to stay here! Cosy cottage & a great island.
Lisabeth & Kasper Jul'19
- The birds were ...... Perfect stay, wonderful lovely house & island.
Svenja, Runa Jul'19
- We had a wonderful time at this place!
Frederik, Laura, Lisabeth & Kasper Jul'19
xxxxxHERBUSTA 8: WONDERFUL !
Denan & Nigel Jun'19
- My second time to Skye albeit with a 35 year interval. Loved this stay on Trotternish &
the cottage. Will be back.
- Lovely cottage, lovely location. A golden eagle flew past at near eye-level this
Ron & Pam Jun'19
- Well worth the long trip all the way up to Skye.
Very comfortable cottage & great views. The weather changes so quickly, had sun & rain everyday. We'll miss the Aga next week.
- We have loved our week on Skye - our first visit but
definitely not our last! The cottage is wonderful, so cosy - & the views! (when it's clear!) One of the best cottages we stayed in. The island is beautiful, particularly enjoyed the Coral Beach
at Dunvegan, the Quiraing & Staffin Bay. The Museum of Island Life is worth a visit. Hope to be back soon!
- Such a wonderful week exploring Skye. The cottage
was so comfortable in such a peaceful setting with wonderful views. It makes such a difference to stay in a cottage where everything has been thought about. Really appreciated the Sky TV, dishwasher
& washing machine. It was great to have the Aga - home from home! We enjoyed feeding & watching the birds. We even saw a cuckoo in the garden! We really hope to come back again.
Mark, Kelly &
- Amazing cottage. We loved watching the sheep &
birds & enjoyed looking onto Little Minch. Cooking dinner on the Aga was fun! So peaceful, a vacation of a lifetime! :-)
- A wonderful week in a great cottage with fabulous sunsets.
Everything thought about & provided. Thank you. We recommend the ’40 Skye Walks’ book, also the 3 Chimneys, Old School & Flodigarry + Uig hotels to eat x
Jodie & Michael May'19
- The best holiday! 8 Herbusta feels like home. Sad to be
leaving. We want to stay forever. Thank you xx
Derek & Jean May'19
- We have many stays in this cottage. This one was just as good as the rest. The week has flown
by. Back to the hassle now - but we'll be back in September.
Janette & Newton Apr'19
- Love it come back - okay!!! Quirky, fun, aga, wood burner, the birds - your mates!! (p.s.
local shop, the tardis, devine!!) (p.s. ......? island view).
Petra, Vojtěch &
- We came to Scotland to take some black & white
pictures in a lovely rainy & foggy weather but the whole week was sunny & really warm - 20-22°C! We felt as if we were in Italy!!! :-| But we enjoyed our stay especially in this
lovely, cozy & neat cottage with stunning views. We have spotted many
birds & sheep with lambs - love to hear them in such a quiet place! Thank you very much!
Sanjay & Karan & Zoya Apr'19
- What an absolutely lovely place to call home for a
few days. Great tips in the handbook & thoughtfully done up. Thank you for a fabulous stay & we hope to be back!
Dawn, Allister & Abbie Apr'19
- First visit to Skye, cottage was superb :-) We had all
weathers but didn’t spoil our week. Will definitely be back!!
Alison & Steve Mar'19
- Really enjoyed our cosy home for the week. Great location
for walks & visiting those ‘must see’ landscapes.
- Thank you for our wonderful stay. Unfortunately, due to a
family illness, we’ve had to cut our stay short. A wonderful comfortable base to explore the ‘Misty Isle Of Skye'. Thank you!
- Extremely cozy cottage, kept the gales outside! Everything
thought of, love it! We now want an Aga!!
- A wonderful place! Can’t wait to come back.
Sean, Sam, Elisabeth &
- Lovely, cosy, comfortable cottage. Weather was horrible! But
it didn’t dampen our spirits :-)
- We had a wet & windy week but still enjoyed the walks we
have done many times. A week soon passes, we will be back!!
- Had a great week although the weather was very inclement!
Cottage great, well equipped & the dishwasher was an added bonus. Washer used twice as got very wet & muddy. Loved the pulley over the Aga. Got the washing dried in no time. Will definitely
be back to visit Skye. Didn't have enough time to do what we wanted. P.S. the little purple book '40 Best Walks' was a godsend. It became our bible for the week.
- An amazing wee find. The views are stunning, a different
vista each night...loved the Aga.. wish we could buy it!
Catherine, Alan &
- A beautiful house in a beautiful place even in the rain!
More sunshine though & time for the Quiraing & Coral Beach as well as castles & walks - recommend the croft museum.
Sandra, Yeroen, Lucas &
- We really enjoyed our stay at this lovely cottage! We have
seen a lot of beautiful Skye, but there is still a lot more to explore. So...a good reason to come back!!
Valérie, David, Charles
& Marie Aug'18
- We love Scotland & we love Skye - & this cottage is
such a nice place to stay. I enjoyed playing my bagpipes outside! We shall enjoy coming back! (by the way the Aga is awesome for cooking!)
Carol, Mike &
- Lovely cottage. Great location. We made very good use of the
Coast & Country Walks guide (replacing the dog-eared copy with a new one - after it went out with us every day!) Skye seemed so much busier than we remembered 5 years ago so lovely to find some
quieter corners too. I'm sure we will be back!
- We found the cottage lovely & cosy. Nice & clean,
just what we wanted to enjoy a holiday on this lovely island. We drove all over the island, visiting Portree, Broadford, the headland near here. Talisker distillery, the Old Man of Storr etc. etc.
Brilliant cottage & would highly recommend it to friends & family. Plus side only 2 midge bites.
- A lovely cottage! Could not get enough of the fabulous
views. The Trotternish & Waternish Peninsulas are incredibly stunning, & it was great to return "home" to the cottage each evening.
- Our first visit to Skye. Loved every minute, what a
wonderful cottage with views to match. Spent many hours in the kitchen watching the sun go down & the ever-changing sky whilst enjoying a glass of wine.
- We enjoyed our stay in the cottage very much. Very
comfortable & cosy. Had some real nice walks. Were happy about the views & the tranquillity.
Kevin, Ulrike &
- Lovely stay in this cottage. We really enjoyed the fantastic
sunsets & views. Explored a lot of majestic sites & loved to come back home.
- We enjoyed our week in this comfortable & cosy cottage.
It was a great pleasure to come home to after a breezy & rainy walk in this warm place with the Aga spreading it's warmth in the kitchen. We had a lot of bird watching in the garden with
Goldfinches, Greenfinches & Chaffinches. It was our second time at the Isle of Skye & I hope not the last one.
- Really enjoyed our fortnight in the cottage - one of the
cosiest & most comfortable we've stayed in. Recommend the Skye Pie Cafe near Staffin - it only opens 12-4 & gets pretty busy, so get there early! Lot of ? & castles & beautiful views.
Also recommend the Uig Hotel - had a lovely meal there. Also kept the birds in the garden fed while we were here - you can buy more birdseed at either the pet shop or Harbro.
Paul [previous owners] Apr'18
- Been a wonderful week at the cottage. New carpet ordered for
stairs & porch - fitting will be in June. Hope all the guests who visit enjoy the cottage as much as Paul & I.
Ailsa, Grant, Rory &
- Everything we were looking for, loved the Aga, log burner
& view. The cottage felt really homely & we loved exploring Skye!
David, Jill, Eilidh, Niamh
& Ruaraidh Jan'18
- Another lovely stay in this cottage. Highlights this time
include the Fairy Glen & dinosaur footprints at Staffin. Looking forward to our return!
- Lovely cottage, we have enjoyed our stay here very much,
exploring by day & returning to warmth & comfort for cosy evenings.
- Homey little cottage in a prime location for key hikes &
tourist locations. Thoroughly enjoyed our holiday here & would come back 100%. Clean, quaint & comfy. Even completed both puzzles.
[previous owner] Sep'17
- Re the last guest comments. The cottage has gone through a
pet free transition. The cottage is now completely pet free. The guest who complained saw an old document stating please do not allow pets on the furniture which should have been removed. The guest
left on the Friday afternoon because they had a ferry booked to St Kilda, so his comment is misleading. Kind Regards Ann.
- Lovely views but very disappointed at obvious present of
pets & overall standard of cleanliness. Only booked because stated no pets & arrived to find request not let dogs on beds or couches??? Left early - enough said.
Kate & Robert, Stacey
& Steve Aug'17
- Our Israeli friends came for the cooler climate & were
not disappointed! We all had a great time - would recommend the following walks:
(but not for children)
Thanks for stay!
Amanda, Rich &
- Lovely stay in a lovely cottage. Such a quiet location -
bliss!! We have spotted many seals near the Cuillin range & a porpoise! I've visited Soay, Rum & Canna, Dunvegan Castle & did the tour of Skye Brewery. Great holiday. Thank you
Monique, Eric &
- Very warm & cosy cottage. I loved spending time in the
beautiful kitchen that is always warm due to the amazing Aga ("wish list") :-) The weather was 50/50 but we did go/would recommend going to Quiraing, Fairy Glen, Brother's Point, Fairy Pools (Cuillin
mountains), Talisker. Eating out at Ferry Inn (Uig), Skye Pie Cafe (Staffin), The Old Inn & Oyster Shed (near Talisker).
Erdkönig, Matthias &
- We very much enjoyed our stay in your cosy cottage. We
especially loved to watch the lighthouses across the Minch when it turned dark. Beautiful views around the cottage. The walk to the Cave of Gold is worthwhile & the Coral beaches. Thanks to Paul
Charlie, Andy &
- We’ve had a great week. Highlights include the sunsets from
the cottage, cycling on the Quiraing & coffee at the Single Track cafe in Kilmaluag. Thanks.
John, Pamela, Emma, Karen
& Callum Jul'17
- Lovely, comfortable, warm cottage. Weather perfect, couldn’t
get TV to work!! Would’ve been better with extra chair in the kitchen. Pity can’t get car up the drive!! had a great time. Thanks.
Ross, Carol &
- Fantastic cottage with an amazing view. Cosy, comfortable
& had everything we needed. We’ll definitely come again.
G & A
- Lovely cottage in a stunning location. Spent most of our
time in the kitchen. Got the best tan with 3 days of sunshine then managed to be all cosy with the fire on, on the dreich days. Our second time here, hopefully will be back again. You can never tire
of the view.
- What a fantastic cottage & location. Everything you need
is here. The Aga is so easy to use. Visited most of the island as been here 2 weeks. Kilt Rock, Fairy Pools, Waternish, Armadale & Sleat to name a few. Would love to come again if dog free as the
cottage is changing to no dogs. You have a wonderful holiday home. Thanks for letting us share this special place.
- Cottage old & comfortable. Thank you.
- We had a very quiet week. The weather was beautiful,
sunshine all week. Saw a submarine from the front garden.
- Perfect cottage - very peaceful. Ideal position for
exploring the geology of Trotternish. Enjoyed everything.
- We loved staying here - the Aga, the birds, the sheep, the
views. Hope to come back one day (& for longer!).
Paul, Janet &
- A lovely cottage with great views. Loved the Aga & log
burner. Visited many places & had a boat trip to Loch Coruisk. Thank you we had a great stay - very cosy.
- Peace, tranquillity, beauty - loved the cottage - reflecting
on our ancestors - we walked to the graveyard & continued all the way to Kilmuir Hall & back to the cottage - a wonderful walking circle.
- Love the cottage & walking in the footsteps of my
ancestors for a short time. Thrilled to be here.
Natalie, Mark & Charlie
- + mum & dad for 3 nights Oct'16
- Fantastic week with the family. Beautiful cottage. Loved the
Aga. Views gorgeous. We had a lovely relaxing time.
Steve, Andrea, Finlay &
- The weather has been truly amazing. Blue skies every day.
Lovely cottage & stunning views. Enjoyed a lovely walk down the lane to the graveyard & met neighbours, farmers & very friendly cats. Timmy the Jack Russell would love to stay forever.
Finlay - aged 8 - “I enjoyed a walk to a loch & bog jumping.”
Sam + Oscar the
- Lovely stay. Stunning views with great sunsets &
rainbows. Loch Bay [Michael Smith] restaurant definitely worth a visit - lobster & chips from the Oyster Shed is just perfect.
- Great place, quiet, great views. Loved the sleeping dragon
in the kitchen! Wind & rain a bonus! Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Thank you.
- Love your house. Brilliant views from all windows. Loved
cooking on your Aga, hope to visit again.
Tony & Sara Aug'16
- Have had an amazing time. The photos will not do it justice.
The cottage is wonderful, so quiet & peaceful.
Eric, Sarah, Hannah & Luc Aug'16
- Lovely cottage, Skye is wonderful. Beautiful scenery, hope
to visit again. Thanks.
Peter, Annelies, Stan & Basil Jul'16
- What a great magical place! The scenery is just without
words. Herbusta 8 was for us a home, a safe haven, for all of us. We will be back one day. Thanx.
Hilary & Martin Jun'16
- Very comfortable cottage. Lovely quiet location. Thoroughly
enjoyed our stay!
The Greens Jun'16
- Perfect weather & comfortable cottage for a great week's
holiday. We’ve hunted for dinosaurs footprints, seals, puffins & fairies in the Fairy Glen. We’ve spent time at the Coral Beach & the Fairy Pools. Brilliant!
Jana, Olaf & Erik May'16
- Lovely cottage + marvellous weather + wonderful Skye - was a
Amy, Natalie, Philip & Sherly Mar'16
- This house is so beautiful. The view is great & the
mountains are so great for a sunset.
Emily, Will, Sally-Anne, Graham + Talisker [Spaniel] Feb'16
- Great week exploring the North of the island. Walks on the
Quiraing, in the Cuillins & on Raasay. Beautiful light & turquoise seas helped by the weather - brilliant sunshine, gale force wind, rain, hail & lots of snow! Thank you, we’ll be
Jill, David, Eilidh & Niamh Jan'16
- We have had an amazing week in Skye. The cottage is
beautiful & has everything you could need. We were even treated to the Northern Lights standing in the front garden. We hope to return here again.
Pat & Jo Riley Oct'15
- The cottage is amazing, the Aga is amazing, the island is
magical. We went everywhere, did everything. A mix of good & bad weather which spoilt nothing. We’ll be back. Thank you so much.
Nesta, John & Mr Fin Oct'15
- Superb cottage, weather & surroundings. Amazing sunrises
& sunsets. Old Man of Storr, Quiraing, boat trip from Elgol to Loch Coruisk, Staffin beach, Oyster Shed - fresh seafood at Carbost, homemade pies second to none at Glenview! Coral Beach,
especially at sunrise & Portnalong at sunset - are a few of our trips since 3/10/15. The Isle of Skye is superb. Thank you Ann & Paul for a beautiful location & we’re looking forward to
coming back in May 2016.
Paul & Ann [previous owners] Oct'15
- Well, how lucky have we been. Most lovely week. Wall to wall
sunshine. Out & about every day. If there is a nice day we highly recommend, Fairy Pools, Kilt Rock, Ellishader Tea Rooms, not for the faint-hearted - Neist Point is a must.
Tricia & Jeff Sep'15
- Cosy cottage in a beautiful spot. Quiraing is stunning. Good
food at the Uig Hotel.
Annica & Max Sep'15
- We had a great week - love Skye & the cottage.
Everything worked fine, very comfortable. I want to come back to Skye one day…
Brenda & Peter Aug'15
- Lovely cottage in a stunning location. Very comfortable
stay. Loved the Aga - wonderful for making bread! Couldn’t make the TV work, but that was a blessing in disguise. Weather mostly good - an excellent base for going to St Kilda!!
- Loved learning to cook with the Aga. House was comfortable
& clean. The birds in the garden were a delight. Felt at home - enjoyed landscape’s weather. First lesson in Gaelic: ‘Ciamar a tha thu?’ - 'very well,
thanks'. And I would like to point out that a plug near a ______? in the bathrooms would be appreciated.
Kelly, Tracy &
- Beautiful cottage, supplied with everything we needed, in a
lovely location. Waking up to amazing views. Loved the wood burner & cooking on the Aga. Visited lots of places on the island. Enjoyed eating at The Lower Deck on Portree harbour - well
recommended - queue just before 6pm to ensure you get a table. Best places visited were the Fairy Pools, Old Man of Storr (challenging walk), Dunvegan Castle & gardens, The Wee Tea Room near
Talisker - very good cakes & bird watching.
Rick, Lesley & Georgie Aug'15
- Idyllic cottage, in a stunning location, we didn't want to
leave Skye - or the cottage!
Klaas, Antoinette &
- Beautiful house & a beautiful quiet place with stunning
views. We liked to experiment with the Aga. Skye is a beautiful island, but we were a bit disappointed about how many tourists come to the hot spots. Especially The Fairy Pools felt a bit like
“Disneyland”. But of course we were one of them ?
Sheena, Thomas, Ben &
Abby…+ Terry [Springer Spaniel] Jul'15
- Fantastic week in your comfortable cottage. Visited Portree,
Dunvegan, Neist Point, Talisker whisky distillery, Talisker Bay, Kilt Rock, Staffin Bay & Bornesketaig shore. Food - lovely dinner Pier Restaurant, Uig, tasty lunch at The Granary, Portree, great
cakes at Ellishader Art Cafe & nice reasonably priced lunch at Aros Centre, Portree. If I had to make one suggestion about the cottage - a mirror in the bedroom would be handy. This is our first
trip to Skye but hopefully not our last.
Bev, Alex &
- This place is soothing for the soul whatever the weather.
The Aga provides a welcoming & homely environment which is complemented by the wood burning stove. Although all parts of the island are amazing, it was always a joy to return to this beautifully
Dave, Marie, Alex, Jack +
Daisy the Whippet Jul'15
- A wonderful time was had by all. The cottage was everything
we’d hope it would be & the view!! Och Aye to the Isle Of Skye.
- Weather mixed - 10th time on Skye - love it. Walked every
day - Quiraing, Loch Coruisk, Blaven - stunning - cottage cosy especially kitchen with the Aga.
Matt, Lucie & baby Hugo
- Wonderful week in perfect cottage. 1st time on Skye. “Interesting” weather, but at least with
the very long days one is never worried of not finishing one’s walk before night falls (@23h 30!) Little Hugo went up Storr & other neighbouring summits (on daddy & mummy’s back!…easy for
him!) He got his nose & cheeks quite cold but loves it! It’s always a pleasure to come back to the cottage every evening. The only VERY SERIOUS ISSUE is that Talisker Distillery is not at walking
distance. Highly recommended address…This place should be booked full months in advance. M,L,H.
- Loved the Aga. Had a good week weatherwise, not too much
rain! Went to Coral Beach. Enjoyed quite a few walks. Back home tomorrow :-(
Paul [previous owners] Mar'15
- Aga & boiler was due for a service. Serviced by Corgi
registered plumber 18/3/2015. Sat dish out of our control. It had only been replaced by the sat man on Feb27th/15. Severe weather contributed to it coming down. Again internet connection problems due
to BT fault. Hopefully this is now fully resolved. We have been at the cottage & the broadband hasn’t failed at all.
B & H
- A wild week! The 85mph winds blew the TV dish off on Monday,
no live TV since. Internet connection a bit hit or miss for watching catch-up. The cottage has been warm & cosy up until the central heating packed up on Thursday. Loved the Aga, made bread
scones, pizza, fantastic roast potatoes, then it too packed in - Friday 13th?? Loved the area & the peace & quiet. The problems we have encountered would be major if we were not going home
tomorrow. The wood supplied when we arrived was too wet to burn, luckily we had dried logs from our own home otherwise we would have struggled with the wood burner as well. A nice comfortable,
well-equipped cottage. I could be more enthusiastic if everything had worked as it should. A little disappointing! Wouldn’t stop us coming back.
G & A
- Really enjoyed our stay. The view is stunning. Cottage is
lovely. The Aga & wood burning stove kept us warm over the cold nights. Skye is a beautiful place. Lots of walking & peace & tranquillity. Just what we needed. WiFi was not working but
enjoyed being cut off from the modern world (due to BT line fault). Hope to come back soon.
Julie & Mick…+ Jaz the
German Shepherd Jan'15
- Wonderful cottage - everything worked fine. Love the Aga - I
want one! Great views (variable distance dependent on weather) 10th visit to Skye, 1st time @ New Year. Saw lots of wildlife & walked miles. 1st visit to Flodigarry for dinner - excellent food
but 3 Chimneys still best! Hope to return.
David & Ginny + Merlot
- What a great cottage!! & in fantastic surroundings. Ok there are some teething problems
that the new owners will put right but nothing too major that has marred our stay - in fact we’d love to come back (if you’ll have us). Merlot & Ginny will miss the Aga (for different reasons!) A
Jack Russell has never had so many walkies & slept so well. White-tailed sea eagle over the garden a definite plus.
G & G & S Oct'14
- We don’t agree with the previous comments. The stay is here has been just great. Lovely
location, the cottage is really nice. There are issues with the plumbing here but we were warned in advance. Loved the Aga. We would stay again. However: We could not get the TV to work - it has a
satellite receiver that never got past “set-up”. Luckily there is free WiFi here & I have my iPad! The heating is a little strange - new batteries on the remote may fix it 8/10!
M & F O Sep'14
- A few issues with the cottage will stop us returning (no upstairs loo - should have been
told!) (Poor bed - my back! broken wardrobe, front door lock - yes it got fixed - TV screen damaged & cleanliness, especially the kitchen, my partner spent 2hrs giving it a deep clean or we would
have gone home - every surface sticky, except the work surfaces, dirt built up in every nook!) Oh, mouldy bird feeders!! Awesome weather; saw otters, dolphins, basking shark, eagles, hen harrier etc.
etc. Skye was ace!! PS faulty dishwasher / fridge not cleanest…no hairdryer!
D & J Sep'14
- Enjoyed our week at the cottage. Very lucky with the weather - sun every day. There are a few
problems that need attention - minor things that if fixed would make this a really great place.
Harris family Sep'14
- We have had a great week on Skye & weather dry & one sunny day & sunset so feel
very lucky. Cottage fantastic, very comfy & cosy, clean & full of all amenities we needed. Had some great walks all a bit boggy, needed some wellies for some! Could have done with hooks in
the bedroom & shower room, apart from that no complaints. Lots to see & do so will be back to do the next. Thank you!
Clan Wimpenny Sep'14
- Brilliant, wonderful & amazing! Wall to wall blue sky most of the week - very very lucky.
Week consisted of walks & food! - Fairy Glen - very sweet; Old Man of Storr - good climb & Quiraing - magical & lovely walk. Best food The Bakery in Portree. Singe Track cafe, Flodigarry,
Uig Hotel - good value! Skye Museum of Island Life - very good if you’re interested in history of the area!
Karina & Sven with Emilie, Florine &
- Nice cottage! Lovely sunsets! We will miss the Aga!!! We have enjoyed your little
attentions!!! Quiet place to relax after exciting days! Funny birds in front of the window! Besides a fifth chair would be nice! We will be sure to recommend this cottage & we will come back
someday!! Thanks & be care!!!
Christine, Ulfert, Anna &
- Great views (even during rain) very quiet & nice location. We got to see a lot of Skye,
did some good hiking in rain & sun. House is very nice, with a second working toilet it would be perfect.
Vinz, Joyce, Elmer &
- How warm it was! 19-26˚C We even had a dip in the sea to cool. The Fairy Glen at Balnaknock -
you got to see that!! We went twice! And Neist Point is truly worth the drive. Perfect house - perfect stay!
Sandra & Rona Jul'14
- We had a great week, weather quite nice, cottage lovely & comfy & a great base for
Skye! We’ll be back!!
& Becky Jul'14
- Had a lovely week here, weather treated us very well (as a result some beautiful sunsets).
Been good to relax in such a lovely cottage. Also, loved the Aga! Wish we could have stayed longer.
Paul & Jagger Jun'14
- Unrivalled landscapes, wonderful seascapes. Golden eagles, sea eagles & sparrows abound!
Machair & ragged-robin. Flora McDonald & Lee McQueen. Sunsets & skyfall. Great dog walking & one very happy dog. Next stop the Uists!
- Lovely lovely cottage! Fab Aga! Views to die for. A place to relax.
wife & friends Jun'14
- We had fantastic holidays, beautiful weather, breathless impressions, nice fireplace, amazing
view, snug cottage. We wish to come back…& soooo many lovely sheeps!
Sally & Ashley May'14
- Lovely cottage. Fabulous kitchen. Thank you for all your attention to detail. Bedside reading
lights needed in twin bedroom & the sewerage issue really put a damper on our stay. Apart from that highly recommended for the fit.
- Comfortable lounge & nice warm kitchen.
Mrs Wever May'14
- Amazing views & quiet. We loved the birds in the garden. A pity we are leaving! A coffee
machine would have been nice!
- What a beautiful place to rest. We loved seeing all the highlights of Skye this week. I loved
seeing the goldfinches in the garden. I did miss a coffee maker though. I don’t quite care for Nescafé.
- Thank you for such a lovely stay. We have loved touring around beautiful Skye. The cottage
was perfect to come back at the end of a long day & watch the boats go past.
Morag & Annie May'14
- Very comfortable cottage, lovely views, weather great, loved the Aga!
& an Englishman Apr'14
- Pity to have to go home. Was an amazing week. View great. Even the loch up the hill behind
- Fantastic stay & the cottage provided a wonderful base. The view was a joy every
- Had a fantastic first visit to See & the cottage was absolutely amazing. Loved the Aga!
We really were lucky with the weather so got to see much of this beautiful island. We will definitely be back.
Stacey & Duke Feb'14
- Nice to be back on Skye. Beautiful scenery especially in the Cuillins. Had a very nice meal
at the Cuillin View Hotel, Portree, definitely worth a visit. We had snow most days but kept warm & cosy in your lovely cottage. Many thanks.
& Amanda Jan'14
- Enjoyed a wonderful stay in a fabulous cottage. Despite the
weather enjoyed the beauty of Skye. A walk to the loch behind the cottage is a must. Love the Aga :-) & log burner. Thank you!!!
& Duke Jan'14
- A lovely place to spend New Year away from the rat race. Lovely cottage had everything we
needed. Love the peace, space & tranquillity. Always sad to leave Skye. Hope to be back. Many thanks.
Sherly, Amy & Natalie Dec'13
- Last day today after a great Christmas. Beautiful cottage & a beautiful Isle of Skye. We
will be back!
& Mairi Oct'13
- Pure dead brilliant wee cottage! Clean, comfortable & well-equipped. Aga is amazing!
Ellen & Sameer Oct'13
- Lovely views and walks. A very cosy and comfortable cottage.
Perfect for relaxing.
Liz, Carole, K9 & Ruby Sep'13
- Comfortable & pleasant stay. Shame about the weather
tho! Stunning scenery and walks.
Jane, Harry & Ellie Aug'13
- A lovely cottage, very comfortable & well equipped. We
were lucky enough to see some great sunsets from the cottage. We would love to return. Thank you.
& Haiho Aug'13
- It was wonderful to stay here & we liked the Aga. It
makes you stay in the kitchen instead of watching TV!…
- Great view while eating, great feeling in your cottage, great weather - wonderful
- We really enjoyed our stay, what a comfortable home for the week! & finally, last night
we could even see the sea!
- Great cottage, fantastic stay. Thanks for having us!
- Warm, clean house & great views!
Ian & Claire Dec'12
- Lovely cosy cottage. So hard to leave. Some amazing weather,
some not so great. But even the bad weather is great to watch unfold!
- Spotted 2 juvenile golden eagles just by the wee hill by the
house. Keep your eyes peeled!
- Truly lovely spot. Wonderful views. Nothing beats having our
meal in the garden. Weather has been kind & at times fantastic.
- What a peaceful place! It was our first visit to Scotland.
Hope we will return one day. Nice cottage, Aga is fantastic! Wonderful sunsets…
- Very cosy cottage, thanks for the notes. Wonderful
- A pleasant week in a comfortable house. The surroundings are very nice. What a pity that the
garden was not carefully well kept. Nevertheless a lovely place!
Diez family Aug'11
- We have enjoyed our holidays in this quiet island. The views from the cottage are wonderful.
Thanks. P.S. notes around the cottage are very useful!
Yohan & ? Aug'11
- If we had the money & it wasn’t so far away we’d buy it!
Had a wonderful time, the quietness, the noises of the cattle, the wind, the Aga - just everything! thank you very much for having us.
Opstelten / Weimar Jul'11
- We really loved the view, the cozy cottage with the Aga.
Skye is beautiful, we hope to come back once. Thank you for letting us stay in your nice house in beautiful Skye!
& Dominic Feb'11
- Cozy cottage, magnificent view, recreational quietness. Kind
- One week with lovely weather to explore the north part of
Skye. Very good accommodation, will miss the beautiful views. P.S. Your house & Aga are OK.
- La maison…………? La vue sur la mer est……?
- Loved staying here even in the rain. Perfect location for exploring dramatic Skye.
Comfortable & homely. Love sitting on windowsill & reading in the rain. I will haste back.
& Derek Sep'10
- Gorgeous comfortable cottage. Loved the Aga & the views. Would recommend the 40 Walks
book mentioned in the joining pack. If you are eating in Portree try The Harbour View - evening & Cafe Arriba - lunch.
?, Harry & Jess Sep'10
- Lovely homely cottage. Clean & well kept. Wonderful
weather as well. We will be back for sure.
- A lovely cottage, nice & relaxing. amazing sunsets. Very
peaceful. Thanks for having us.
- We had a lovely time in your wonderful cottage. It’s so well
equipped, & we really want an Aga now!! We loved The Stein Inn & The Three Chimneys too.
- Très agréable semaine passée dans le charmant cottage, très
comfortable - Merci beaucoup!
Robin & Bethan Aug'10
- Lovely relaxing stay - cottage very comfortable & welcoming - Great!
& Ranjit Jul'10
- A lovely cottage! Precisely what we need to relax. We’ll come again.
Emma & Mark Jul'10
- We have really enjoyed staying in the cottage - very cosy,
peaceful, excellent facilities - we don’t want to go home!!
& Simon Jun'10
- Our first (but not last) trip to Skye - otters, minke whale,
dolphins, sea eagles, golden eagles & a fab cottage to come back to after a long day wildlife spotting! Just brilliant!
Paul, Sam & Ben Jun'10
- Had a brilliant time exploring this beautiful island.
& Sandra Jun'10
- Couldn’t have asked for a more relaxing spot. amazing
sunsets, lovely people & so very quiet. Brilliant place - we’ll be back!
& Fiona Apr'10
- As your first guests we are delighted to say we had a great week. The house was very
comfortable & restful place to stay & the views beautiful.