We stayed at the cottage in November 2016. We were retracing our family history and
discovered a lot about our family history. We loved the serenity and the wildness of the area as well as the friendliness of the locals. The cottage was lovely, warm, cosy and had every comfort we
We were very protected from the elements with spectacular scenery from every
It was like our home away from home and we very much felt we belonged with the family
history in the area. We would love to return one day. Lyn and Jane from Australia 06/11/2016
- Fantastic week, with the family. Beautiful cottage. Loved the Aga and the wonderful views to the Little Minch over to Lewis and Harris. We have had a lovely relaxing family holiday. Mark &
Natalie Lawson. 17/10/2016
- The weather's been truly amazing. Lovely cottage with stunning views. Had a lovely walk up the lane to the graveyard, met some of the very friendly neighbours. Timmy the jack russell would love
to stay forever. Steve, Andrea & Finlay Whalley. 08/10/2016
- Lovely stay. Great cottage. Stunning views, with great sunsets and rainbows. Lochbay for fish dish well worth a visit. And lobster and chips at the Oyster shed just perfect. Sam and Oscar the
- Great place, quiet, great views, loved the sleeping dragon in the kitchen (Aga). Thorougly enjoyed our stay. Sandra & Ian Turner. 03/09/2016
- Love your cottage. Brilliant views from all windows. Loved cooking on the Aga, hope to visit again. Samantha & John. 20/08/2016
- Have had an amazing time. The photos will not do it jusctice. The cottage is wonderful and so peaceful. Tara & Sara. 13/08/2016
- Lovely cottage, Skye is a wonderful place. Beautiful scenery. Sarah & Eric Meyer. France. 06/08/2016
- What a great magical place! The scenery is just without words. 8 Herbusta for us was a home & safe haven. From all of us we will be back one day. Peter & Annelies Van de Vyvere. Belguim.
- Lovely comfortable cottage. Lovely quiet location. Really enjoyed our stay. Hilary & Martin Macclesfield & High Wycombe 25/06/2016
- Perfect weather, lovely cottage, a great weeks holiday. We have hunted dinosaurs footprints at Staffin, seals, puffins, and fairies at the Fairy Glen,also spent time at Coral Beach..Brilliant!
The Greens Derby. June 2016
- Lovely comfortable cottage and marvellous weather made for a great holiday. What a great holiday. Jana & Olaf Germany May 2016
- Great week exploring the North of the island. Raasay, walks on the Quiraing & The Cullins. Amazing visit. Lovely cottage. We will be back. Emily & Will 13/02/2016
- We have had an amazing week in Skye. The cottage is beautiful, and it as everything you could need. We were even treated to the Northern Lights from the front garden. We hope to return here
again. Jill, David, Eilidh & Niamh. 02/01/2016
- This cottage is Amazing! The Aga is amazing. The Island is magical. We went everywhere and did everything. A mixed week for weather, stopped us doing nothing. We ill be back. Thank you Ann &
Paul. Pat and Jo Riley. 24/10/2015
- Superb cottage, weather & surroundings amazing. The sunrises & sunsets were beautiful. Old Man of Storr, Quiraing, boat trip from Elgol brilliant. You must try the Oyster Shack at
Carbost, fantastic seafood all so fresh. Home made pies second to none at Glenview.. mmmm.. The Isle of Skye is superb. A lovely home from home cosy cottage. Thank you Ann & Paul. We will
be back. Nesta,John and Mr Fin 17/10/2015
- Really cosy cottage in a beautiful location. Quiraing is stunning. Good food at the UIG Hotel. Tricia and Jeff Hockney. Sept 2015
- We had a great week. Love Skye and the lovely cottage as a base. Everything worked and was so comfortable. Would love to come back one day. Annica & Hax. Germany. Sept
- Lovely cottage in a stunning location. Loved cooking on the AGA. Weather mostly good. Brenda&Peter. Sept 2015
- Loved leraning to cook with the AGA. The cottage is lovely and comfortable and clean. The birds is the garden were a delight. David, Barcelona. Aug 2015
- Beautiful cottage, supplied with everything we needed, in a lovely location. Visited lots of places. Views from the cottage are amazing. Kelly, Tracy, Marina. London. Aug 2015
- Idyllic cottage, in stunning location, we didn't want to leave Skye or the cottage. Rick, Lesley & Georgie. Aug 2015
- Beautiful house in a beautiful quite place. We loved experimenting with the AGA. Skye is a beautiful island. NL. Aug 2015
- Thank you so much for letting us enjoy your beautiful home!! We loved it. Again thank you very
much. We hope to come back to Scotland some day.We love it! Antoinette and Klaas. NL July
- Thank you for letting us stay in your lovely cosy cottage. It had everything we needed, including the stunning views. We love the AGA , so welcoming and cosy. M Reardon. June
Had a fantastic first visit to Skye. The cottage was absolutely amazing. Love the Aga. We were really lucky with the weather. Got to see so much of this beautiful Island. We will definitely be
Gill & Suzanne
Enjoyed a wonderful stay in a fabulous cottage. Despite the weather enjoyed the break of the Isle of Skye. A walk to the Loch behind the cottage is a must! Love the Aga and the log burner. Thank
Winston & Amanda
A lovely place to spend New Year away from the rat race. Lovely cottage, had everything we needed. Love the peace, space and tranquillity. Always sad to leave Skye. Hope to be back. Many
Sue Ian & Duke
Mr Macleod – We really enjoyed out stay. What a comfortable home for the week.
Great view while eating. Great feeling in your cottage. Great weather. Wonderful holiday
It was wonderful to stay here. We really liked the Aga. It makes you stay in the kitchen rather than watching TV.
Betty & Haiho
A lovely cottage, very comfortable well equipped. We were lucky enough to see some great sunsets from the cottage. We would love to return. Thanks you.
Simon, Jan, Harry and Ellie
24/09/2013 Comfortable and pleasant stay. Shame about the weather tho!. Stunning scenery and walks.
Liz, Carole,K9 and Ruby
Lovely views and walks. A very cosy and comfortable cottage. Perfect for relaxing. Ellen & Sameer
Pure dead brilliant wee little cottage! Clean comfortable, well equipped. Aga amazing.
Kirsty & Martin
Last day today after a great Christmas. Beautiful cottage and a beautiful Isle of Skye. We will be back!
Famille Demulder - Stiepy, Belgium
Very cosy cottage, thanks for the notes. Wonderful sunsets. 20/7/2012
Familie Kaul - Koblent, Deutschland
What a peaceful place, this is our first visit to Scotland. We hope to return one day. Nice cottage, the AGA is fantastic, wonderful sunsets. 21/07/2012
What a treat it was to get away for a romantic weekend. I will definitely recommend 8 Herbusta to my friends."
"I'll never forget the summer days we spent on the back patio, watching the sun setting, enjoying quality time with our family and friends. We'll be back!"
"The perfect place"
"I can't think of a more perfect place to spend a holiday. Not only are the rooms comfortable and clean, but there are so many things to do outdoors. Thank you!"
The facilties were first class. It had such a homely feel about it.